Client Manager: Toronto, Canada
Client Manager / Account Executive – Toronto
A growing, well-capitalized public company, which provides a suite of financial solutions to healthcare providers throughout the United States, seeks a Client Manager. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer and is primarily responsible for the lifecycle management of an assigned group of clients.
Under minimal supervision, the Client Manager is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the assigned client relationships receive ongoing attention, as required to maintain, improve, grow, and retain the relationship.
Client Managers are quantitative thinkers with the ability to work with a large number of variables and make decisions in an organized fashion. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential to working as a member of a team and interacting with management, clients, and suppliers.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage an assigned portfolio of clients; retaining them and further developing the relationships by regularly coordinating with other internal groups/areas to create the best financial solutions for clients
- For new clients, act as first point of contact as they transition from the sales team to the activation and operations team
- Work diligently with new clients to determine and help setup the proper flow of funds, agreements and bank accounts required to perfect our security interest in their government and non-government receivables
- Once activated, become the single point of contact for any communications and the “gateway to the rest of the organization,” by championing the right solutions for their clients
- Using the company’s proprietary software platform, monitor and evaluate each client’s accounts receivable on a daily basis
- Manage the relationship between our internal IT team and billing suppliers to obtain the appropriate data requirements required by our software platform
- Work with the billing team to ensure accurate and timely billing
- Develop financial profiles using existing analysis tools and input the data gathered into tracking and reporting systems and databases
- Responds timely and professionally to inquiries from clients, suppliers, management and partners
- 50%: Managing existing clients and activating new clients
- 30%: Interacting with suppliers
- 20%: Administrative tasks (Running reports, banking transfers, updating logs, etc.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Background in finance, economics or business an asset
- Strong knowledge of the general US healthcare market and insurance providers an asset
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of accounting, billing processes, and IT systems
- Prior work experience at a healthcare provider or financial services firm an asset
- Prior work experience in data analysis is a definite asset
- Solid knowledge of Excel
- Sales experience is also beneficial
Reply to: email@example.com
- Applications that do not answer the following question in a personalized cover letter will not be considered: state and elaborate on 3 reasons why you would make a great client manager. Explain what you uniquely bring to the table; market yourself. Also, cover letters that do not include salary requirements will not be considered.
- As one of the early employees of a public company, you will have a unique opportunity to impact the business and take an equity stake in the company you are working to make successful.
No agencies please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.