Controller – San Francisco Bay Area
A growing, well-capitalized Canadian public company, which provides a suite of financial solutions to healthcare providers throughout the United States via its U.S. subsidiary, seeks a Controller. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer and is primarily responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day accounting functions across the entire organization.
Under minimal supervision, this hands-on leader is responsible for creating and monitoring all accounting controls, policies and procedures to ensure accounting accuracy and interacts with all employees to ensure compliance.
A successful Controller is well organized, detail oriented, quality-minded and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Continuous collaboration to assess the financial efficacy of operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support operations
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and provide suggestions to improve
- Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all department budgets
- Develop and present weekly dashboards to senior management designed to provide a snapshot of the financial health and performance of the company
- Manages all aspects of the general ledger including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing payroll, benefits plan management, taxation, inter-company transactions and expense reporting
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for revenue, costs, budgets and expenditures
- On a monthly basis, prepare pro forma financial statements for review by management and the Board of Directors
- On a quarterly basis, prepare financial statements and MDA and support the CFO with the mandated regulatory filings
- On an annual basis, manage the audit process with the company’s accounting firm
- Work jointly with CFO and tax accountants in the ongoing execution of effective tax strategies
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- CPA/CA/CMA/ CGA designation highly desirable
- Experience with public companies. (Canadian IFRS reporting an asset but not required)
- Up to 10 years of financial reporting / financial management experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Solid experience managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and payroll
- Experienced with technology; able to quickly understand and navigate a variety of disparate billing and accounting systems
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-currency environment
- Quickbooks and Quickbooks online proficient
- Proficiency in both Windows and Mac environments as well as MS Office, with exceptional experience with MS Excel
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a multi-location organization
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Strong knowledge of the general healthcare market and healthcare providers
- Prior work experience at a healthcare provider or financial services firm an asset
- Background in healthcare billing and collections an asset
- Knowledge of healthcare billing rules and regulations an asset
Salary commensurate with experience; stock options; unlimited time off and other benefits
Reply to: email@example.com
- Applications that do not include a personalized cover letter explaining what you uniquely bring to the table or that do not include salary requirements will not be considered. Market yourself.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- As one of the early employees in the Company, you will have a unique opportunity to impact the business and take an equity stake in the company you are working to make successful. You will be one of the first 10 full-time employees with significant upside potential from stock options.
No agencies please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.